Wednesday, July 29, 2009

REVIEW: Grouper - Cover The Windows And The Walls

8.75 out of 10

Dear Liz Harris, I am writing this because I want to personally thank you for releasing records that are constant in quality. I want you to know that all of the gorgeous layers of warm white noise and lush drones you share with us have permanently stained my ear's with feelings of security and relaxation. Your music has never let me down and it has always acted as a perfect blanket to fall asleep with. I really can't thank you enough for everything your music has done for me and my headphones. Thank you so much. Till next time (which I hate waiting for), ~Obsessive Fan.

"Cover The Windows and The Walls" was originally released in 2007 on a super limited edition vinyl (her first vinyl release). To those of you that have the vinyl, hold on to it, it may be worth something soon. Anyways, due to the high demand of unreleased, hard to find Grouper material (and because of her recent media success) Ms. Harris (Grouper) decided to re-release the album as a digital copy. This is a true delight for any Grouper fan, possibly her best work to date, and yes I loved "Dragging A Dead Deer..". It's very hush and quiet, and quite honestly feels like one of those albums that give you the feeling of floating above your own body. There aren't enough "good" words to describe how much I love this album.

Grouper is the siren in the background of a desolate folkloric forest. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Shame on anyone not into Grouper (yet), shame on them..

Standout Tracks: All of them w/o a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment