Sunday, March 8, 2009

REVIEW: Cruyff In The Bedroom - Saudargia

7 out of 10
Find it here.


For those of you who don't know I consider myself a pretty big Shoegaze/Dream Pop fanatic. I'm always on the outlook for new or old artists that are overlooked in this terrific genre. A few months ago I did a Last.fm search for Japanese Shoegaze(I had been listening to a lot of Astrobrite) music. I found a ton of terrific artists I had never heard of. Cruyff In The Bedroom was one of those bands. If you're a fan of said genre you will fall in love with this release quite easily.

Somewhere between Asobi Seksu and My Bloody Valentine is where I would place Cruyff In The Bedroom at. Straight forward rock/pop guitars, synths, distortion pedal-a-palooza, actual audible Japanese/sometimes english speaking vocals, beautifully orchestrated strings (on some of the songs), and all of the other elements that make up for a great Shoegaze band.

You may find that this album although generally rocks out, can be soothing as well. For those of you who like your pop with a bit of a darker, somewhat romantic edge look no further than Cruyff.

Standout Tracks: Hakuchume, Cherry, Suilent, Tablet, Frozen

No comments:

Post a Comment