Tuesday, March 10, 2009

REVIEW: Alex Moulton - Exodus

7.75 out of 10


Looking at the cover you may have guessed "Exodus" is some sleazy soundtrack to a Fabio movie or something. In-a-way, ..yeah. It's a super cheesy/futuristic journey through space with elements of adventure, drama, romance, and of course EPIC battle scenes.

When I first started listening to "Exodus" I felt as if I was listening to Part III of "Oxygene" by Jean Michel Jarre. However, this "stellar journey through space" turns into a scorchin' dance floor mix for the masses. Making this more of an "updated" Oxygene. Alex Moulton combines the "airy"/""spacey" synths of Jean Michel Jarre/M83 with the same compositions of John Carpenter/Zombi and adds a dash of Daft Punk/Trance-House.

I know sounds great right? It is.

I have a pretty laid back job(for the most part). I get to listen to music all day(which is neat). On one particular day, the day I got "Exodus", I had a lot of manual labor jobs to do. This album kept me through it the entire time. It kept me moving, shakin' and yes.. groovin' too. There are a few parts that tend to lag a little bit, and some moments that are a little too "raver/dancer friendly" for me, but overall the whole package is pretty fluid. Each track bleeds into the next with ease.

Hmmm... ANOTHER great French composer, weird..

Standout Tracks: Overture, Out Of Phase, ...no, wait, I like em' all.

No comments:

Post a Comment