Monday, November 11, 2013

REVIEW: Lee Noble - Ruiner

9 out of 10
Find it here. 

Mr. Noble's name has been floating around the web for a bit now. Everything I've heard [from Lee Noble] has intrigued me, but nothing has grown into obsession, until now..

'Ruiner' is (I believe) Lee Noble's second "official" LP. Within the house of 'Ruiner' you will find all of the standard Lee Noble Drone manipulations as well as his art of designing bizarro Spacey Folk Pop atmospheres. The major difference with this release are the stronger compositions and overall writing. A notable comparison for much of 'Ruiner's' soundscape would be a male counterpart to Grouper, only under the spell of a "psychedelic apparition". The thing I may appreciate the most about Lee's kaleidoscopic bliss/layers of sounds are how improvisational they sound, yet they're still completely tight & conceptualized. I can only imagine how amazing some of these modulations would sound live.. ::cough::come-to-my-town-Mr.-Noble::cough:: 'Til that day I've got this amazing release to drool/obsess over.

You'd be a fool to overlook Lee Noble. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Standout Tracks: Covers, December ∞, Demon Pond, Disintegrate Ideas, Wring The Rag (on repeat), I Don't Blame You, We're Having the Same Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment