Monday, November 11, 2013

EIC's 10Q's w/ Lee Noble

"..under the spell of a "psychedelic apparition".."


Lee Noble
Intote Transcendentalism

Lee Noble Bio:
 Los Angeles based multi-instrumentalist Lee Noble built his sound around dusty analog drones and idiosyncratic atmosphere, combining synth and tape loop work with a acoustic elements and simple song format. He operates the cassette label No Kings.


Hello, how are you?
Doing pretty well.

What are you currently listening to?
Can't stop listening to Cuushe's 'Butterfly Case', Fabio Frizzi's Zombi soundtrack, and the Ghost In The Shell soundtrack.

What or whom inspired you the most to begin this project?
TJ Richards, Steve Molyneux, Caleb Steelman, Frank Baugh, my friends from around Nashville, all brilliant artists.

Care to shed some light on your latest LP 'Ruiner'; theme, favorite track(s), etc?
Trying to be succinct, the theme is self-sabotage. I think "Remind Me" is kind of the single of the album. The whole thing is meant to be a collage. I always want to go in many directions, and I hope it touches on all of them.

Will you be touring extensively for said release?
It came out in April so I think I've missed my opportunity for that. I did do a tour of Europe in March, for no release in particular, just because I wanted to go and that's when it worked out. I work full time so it's difficult to arrange lots of extra time. Eventually I would love to do a US tour, which I've never done, and also play in Korea and Japan.

Out of everything you've done so far do you have one particular track you like/are proud of the most?
I think "Indian Princess" is sort of like my theme song.

Got any other projects we should know about?
Check out my old band with some of the aforementioned musicians above, Poet Named Revolver. We made an album in 2007 called 'Meets Gruesome'. Folk-Post-Punk.

What movie would work best on mute while listening to you music?
How about Solaris? Actually, that film was being projected at the show where the cover image of 'Ruiner' was shot, so you can vaguely see a frame from the film in the picture.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
Cocteau Twins' 'Head Over Heels'

Are you living your dream?
I'm nearly there. I'd love for music to be my full-time activity. Maybe someday soon.

Thanx Lee!

This year Lee Noble released (what I believe is) his best album to-date, make sure to check that out NOW...

No comments:

Post a Comment