Monday, September 30, 2013

EIC's 10Q's w/ Le Carousel

"..pitch perfect Synth-Kraut-Gaze Pop.." 


Le Carousel
Vast Expansive Sonancy

Le Carousel Bio:
There comes a time in any self-respecting musician’s life when they need to produce their masterpiece — the album that defines them, the body of work that really demonstrates what their soul feels like. This is what Irishman Phil Kieran has done with his new band project – Le Carousel.  A metaphor for the rotations constantly occurring in everyday life, Le Carousel finds Phil assembling some of Ireland’s finest musicians to realize his new album project. A symbol of a more innocent age, a woozy look back into childhood, it’s a blissed out album of reflective songcraft, tinged with time-lapse psychedelia and shot through with hazy fairground ephemera... ~words by Carl Loben 2012


Hello Le Carousel, how are you?
I think that's the first time I've been called "le carousel" as if its my name, but hey I'm happy enough with that, I usually get called Phil.

What are you currently listening to?
Today I've just been working on my own music, but if you're asking me what sort of music have I been listening to recently, I just got around to listening to the Asphodells album (in full) a few days ago and I really liked it.

Is there a story behind the name?
Yeah it stems from the lead track "Carousel", I loved the idea of using a carousel to explain the rotations of life, each turn being one day in your life and all of us as humans or animals being taken on this ride spinning on planet earth, some people enjoying it and others not so much, but its all the same carousel we are on together.

What or whom inspired you the most to begin this project?
Life inspires me, I just tried to tune into my emotions and make them into melodies.

Care to shed some light on your debut s/t LP; theme, favorite track(s), etc?
The theme of the album is all very personal, I guess it was done over a rough time I was having in my life and I was lucky enough to translate some of it into music..

Will you be touring extensively for said release?
We have just finished a tour all over the summer, we did a lot of festivals, I'm just going to DJ for a while now..

Got any other projects we should know about?
I do all my other techno stuff just under my own name,"Phil Kieran".

What movie would work best on mute while listening to you music?
No idea..

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
My Bloody Valentine's 'Loveless'.

Are you living your dream? 
I guess in some ways I technically am, though it never feels like it day to day as I seem to get stressed very easily.

Thanx Phil and Ludovica!

Le Carousel recently released a remix companion that I highly recommend you check into (especially if you likes this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment