Monday, May 23, 2011

REVIEW: Natalie Beridze/TBA - Forgetfulness

9.5 out of 10

A little while ago one of my favorite contacts (who's opinion I trust dearly) sent me a link to a video, I was instantly addicted. Months pass, he sends me another, I am officially obsessed. Finally (the wait is over), a week or so after that, he sends me the album, "Forgetfulness".

Natalie Beridze, although could be considered, isn't really new to the scene. In-fact "Forgetfulness" is her 4th (I believe) album. Her name changes a little bit on each album; TBA, Tusia Beridze, Natalie Beridze, etc., but the sound remains (pretty much) the same. Ms. TBA has a strong grasp on engineering acumen modern techno soundscapes. The closest comparisons I can think of are Bjork, Jane Jensen, & Ellen Allien. Perhaps a "female Trent Reznor" with a soft side for Minimal Techno mixed with a dash of Ambient Classical? Whomever/whatever you want to compare her to doesn't really matter, the music speaks for itself (and then some) and you will hear that from the very first note. This is by far the most interesting, intelligent, and sexy release of the year.

You need this soooooo bad right now (and everyday after that too). _IGHLY _ECOMMENDED (fiil in the blank).

Standout Tracks: luvumall. Forever Has A Shadow, What About Things Like Bullets (quite possibly the best song I've heard this entire year.), Whatever Falls Is Sumptuous, Blue Shadow (gorgeous--kind of reminds me of This Mortal Coil), In The White, The Face We Choose To Miss (reminds me of Junior Boys), Silently

No comments:

Post a Comment