Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Educational, I am, It's me, Mandragora"

A little bit ago I posted a few videos that had surfaced online.
The mystery of the artist "iamamiwhoami" grows bigger (it seems) every other week now..

Here is the latest video:


HERE are the older ones..

If you notice the names of the songs/videos are all in some sort of numerical code, well I began to think to myself, "What if it's a numerical/alphabet code of some sort....?"
Now I know, I am not the first person to think of this, but, I haven't found too many posts anywhere else, sooo...

Here's what I came up with:

VID #1: Prelude 699130082.451322-5.4.21.3.1.20.9.15.14.1.12
DECODED: FIIAC__HB.DEACBB-E.D.U.C.A.T.I.O.N.A.L.
There's a Goat image at the end of the video, why?

VID #2: 9.1.13.669321018
DECODED: I.A.M.FFICBJR
There's a Owl image at the end of the video, why?

VID #3: 9.20.19.13.5.723378
DECODED: I.T.S.M.E.GBCCGH
There's a Whale image at the end of the video, why?

VID #4: 13.1.14.4.18.1.7.15.18.1.1110
DECODED: M.A.N.D.R.A.G.O.R.A.KS (perhaps the "KS" isn't needed here)
There's a Bee image at the end of the video, why?
Mandragora by definition means "demon" OR "plant"..
Perhaps the last part in this code is referring to a release date?? "November 2010"

So, although some of the words are just gibberish, they almost form a sentence when placed together:
"Educational, I am, It's me, Mandragora"

P.S. I no longer think it's The Knife (maybe), I am now leaning towards Aphex Twin (MAYBE?). The titles of these tracks, if I decoded them correctly, seems like something Richard D. James would do...

WHO KNOWS?
Did I just waste your time, or is this mystery something that interests you too??

No comments:

Post a Comment