Monday, December 3, 2012

REVIEW: Rone - Tohu Bohu

8 out of 10

Rone is another artist I know very little about/nor do I own enough, but I may have to re-think  this. 'Tohu Bohu' is a glorious-epic blazing trail of 5th dimensional Space traveling (TPM) sounds. Or, to put it bluntly, "It's a pretty OK Electronic album (that sort of reminds me of Jarre meets Oizo)".

I love the artwork for 'Tohu Bohu', it's extremely narrative of the spacey-futuristic (TPM) vibes of the music within. Most of the music sounds sample based, although there may be a few live synthesizers in there as well (I'm not really sure). It sounds fluid enough to be either really. It's upbeat Electronic music without being to complicated or loud, it's certainly chill, but it still has a warmish/fun vibe to it. You probably already own this album don't you? (hint: you should).

Trance Procrastination Music (TPM), I like the sound of that. Space-Case approved©

Standout Tracks: Bye Bye Macadam, Fugu Kiss (LOVE.), La Grand Ourse (where my Boards Of Canada fans @?), Parade, Icare (Feat. Gaspar Claus)(<--heartheartheart br="br">

No comments:

Post a Comment