Monday, October 29, 2012

EIC's 10Q's w/ Melody's Echo Chamber

"..Like a bright haze of confusing color floating like a mist over melted Pop art.."


Melody's Echo Chamber
Psychotropic Confection

Melody's Echo Chamber Bio:
Paris-based musician Melody Prochet worked in various bands before starting Melody's Echo Chamber in 2012 after having a dream that the acoustics of her bedroom projected an infinite delay. No stranger to performance, Prochet had already worked with the twee pop Narcoleptic Dancers and the dreamy My Bee's Garden, a project she was very much central to. When My Bee's Garden supported Australian guitar rockers Tame Impala on a European tour in 2010, Prochet bonded with Kevin Parker, who offered to help with production of her new solo material as Melody's Echo Chamber. The two worked quickly, with some elements of the project's lushly dreamy songs recorded in Parker's makeshift studio and some laid down in her grandmother's seaside home in the south of France. The self-titled album was released on Fat Possum Records in the fall of 2012 and Prochet assembled a live band to fill out her solo songs as plans for tours and live performances started accumulating.


Hello, how are you?
Very good, I just finished a sweet breakie and I'm sitting in my kitchen in the sun.

What are you currently listening to?
I'm in love with the Connan Mockasin record, we just decided yesterday at practice to cover one of his song for our upcoming tour.

Whom were/are your biggest influences when it came to sculpting your music?
Kevin Parker obviously (the Guru that produced it), and all the sweet people living at the house in Perth where we recorded (some guys from Pond like Nick Allbrook or Cam Avery who are fantastic crazy musicians)

When did this project first come about?
I've always been writing songs and loved collaborating with different People. This project started when I played some of my new material to Kevin when I supported his band in Europe two years ago.

Do you have a personal favorite track?
I think "Bisou Magique" because it's one of the first songs I wrote in French that I am sincerely proud of lyrically.

If you could choose any artist to do a split record with (dead or alive) whom would it be?
I don't know about a split record but I dream to work with Geoff Barrow from Portishead and also always dreamt to have Jonny Greenwood play some Ondes Martenont on one of my songs.

Got any other projects we should know about?
 I started a band with my band mate Maud where I play drums, it's called CIDER, I'm really excited about recording some jams soon. We didn't have the time yet. It's just a duo, her on guitar and singing and me on drums and I sing too.

What movie would work best on mute while listening to you music?
Maybe this last scene of Antonioni's ZABRISKIE POINT

 You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
NOooooo you can't do that to me! Maybe 'Ladies And Gentlemen We're Floating In Space' by Spiritualized.

Are you living your dream?
Definitely, I couldn't dream of a better life..

Thanx Daniel/Melody!

Melody's Echo Chamber is currently touring the US, if you get a moment make sure to check out a show (or two)...

No comments:

Post a Comment