Tuesday, October 16, 2012

REVIEW: Moons - Bloody Mouth

8.5 out of 10

This doesn't happen very often, in-fact I really don't care to write reviews for singles ..not because of a "lack of quality", there just (usually) isn't enough substance there for me to talk about. Know that when I do though it's because something really is that magical/important to me.

Moons is Patrick Canaday of Atlanta, so far all he has released is this 7", and a couple mixtapes (all of which are glorious and gorgeous). The 'Bloody Mouth 7"' is a very promising look into his future as "Moons". Patrick's sound is part Neon/Glam Synth Pop meets exploratory Dark Dream/Space Pop. I want more, so much more, unfortunately this is it so far :(but this $#!t is so awesome:).. “Bloody Mouth (Watchtower Version)“ has atmospheres reminiscent of M83 and/or Robin Guthrie. The vocals don’t hurt either, very suitable/slightly dramatic for the ambiance. Then, track 2, “Waves At Night”, this could be one of the best singles I’ve heard all year. For some reason the visuals of The Lost Boys and Blade Runner come to mind.. “Gothic Infinity” if you will? If you want to listen to me once (just once), listen to me now, YOU NEED THIS SONG. When your day is ending, and the sun is setting Moons will be there for .

You need Moons to survive..(I need more sooon…please?) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
 
Standout tracks: ..all/both of 'em..

No comments:

Post a Comment