Monday, January 24, 2011

EIC'S10Q'S w/Evan Voytas

"..a way with melding 80's Electro Pop with Dream Pop (just a tad) and modern sounding Bedroom Pop. I am somewhat reminded of a "jangle-ier/poppier"/more nostalgic M83 ...sometimes.."


Evan Voytas
Self-Regulating Blasé Pop

Evan Voytas Bio:
LA-based Evan Voytas creates an intimate concoction of pop music that takes you back in time while pushing you into the future. It's a sweet juxtaposition – like half-formed memories that you're not sure ever really existed.

Evan sings with a dreamy, incandescent falsetto that wraps around gauzy atmospherics and electronic beats, while synth-lines flutter across the compositions. A jazz musician at heart and craft, Evan translates a classic training into a modern aesthetic. The title track belies his undeniable finesse with melody, and a songwriting talent that’s natural yet refined beyond his years.



Hello, how are you?
I'm doing well, thanks.

What are you currently listening to?
I've been listening to Fleetwood Mac lately.

How long have you been writing music?
Since I was 11 or 12. I wrote a few songs, I think one was called "Around the Bend" and another was called "Dream Mixer (Mixes Dreams in a Can)."

I LOVE the track "Spirit Animal". I was wondering.. Out of all the many FREE/Awesome tracks you have released which one is your favorite?
"Astro"

When did you become acquainted with Cascine?
Just a few months back. Jeff from Cascine told me about the label and I liked the sound of it. From there we started putting together a plan for the EP.

Do you plan on touring for your "Tomorrow Night We'll Go Anywhere" EP?
We just got back from New York where we played a bunch of shows for CMJ, and also just finished up a residency at the Echo here in LA. No plans on touring in the immediate future.

Have you done any cover songs/do you want to cover any songs?
I recorded a cover of "Never My Love" by the Association and also a cover of a rare B-side from the Cure, "A Few Hours After This..." I think they're both around the internet somewhere.

What's next for you, is there a full length coming soon?
I'll be working on a full-length at the end of this year to release in the first part of 2011.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
"Koln Concert" by Keith Jarrett

Are you living your dream?

I feel like I was in a happier, healthier place before I started getting this involved in the music industry. I keep thinking soon I'll be able to reconcile the happiness and the healthiness with the music career, we'll see.

Thanx Jeff & Evan!

Evan Voytas is currently working on his debut LP, look for that sometime real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment