Monday, February 3, 2014

EIC's 10Q's w/ Myyths

"..elements of dark & brooding Post Industrial clamor with Classical-Gothic overtones.."


Myyths
Eerie Biotics

Myyths Bio:
MYYTHS is Syd S. and Tiffany S. The pair met in Brighton, UK, during Winter 2012. brought together by a love for similar artists and each others music. A desire to work together quickly grew and after several months of songwriting collaboration, they released an EP and started gigging as a four piece under the name Fvnerals.   In the fall of 2013, the duo started working on a side project experimenting with electronic production. MYYTHS was born. "Tystnad" was written as a whole, a journey through existence where each song forms an intricate portrait, experimenting with electronic textures, traditional instruments and percussions to create haunting sounds while lyrics revolve around unrequited love, nothingness and devotion. Their debut album was released online on January 13th, 2014. MYYTHS is now looking for a label to help them release their album physically and will start performing live in March/April.


Hello, how are you?
Tiffany: Very well thanks for having us

What are you currently listening to?
Tiffany: The Blood Brothers album 'Crimes' and 'Visions' from Grimes. I've also been listening a lot to Mirel Wagner recently.
Syd: Lately I've been listening to a Turkish cello player named Gülşah Erol, her album 'Psychosis' is amazing. Also 'Pipe Dreams' from Whirr and Barn Owl's 'Lost In The Glare'.

What's the story behind the band name?
Syd: I wouldn't say there's a real story behind it, we thought it fitted our musical world well. I also like the visual aspect of it, I find it eye-catching.

Was there a specific sound you were going for when you began this project?

Tiffany: We spend a lot of time together and our musical personalities combine very well so it was more of a desire to form a duo than going for a specific sound.
Syd: I tend to write music that I would want to listen to depending on my moods and being a two piece was a good way of feeling more free and spontaneous while writing.

Care to shed some info on your debut release; theme, favorite track(s), etc?
Tiffany: My lyrics revolve around unrequited love, nothingness and devotion. I tried to complement the music rather than overpowering it.
Syd: I wanted to write an album that feels like one long piece with different but coherent parts to keep a general dark atmosphere throughout the songs. My favorite song is "Tystnad", I'm really happy of how it sounds and I love Tiffany's vocals on it.
Tiffany: My personal favorite is "Rise". I like the atmospheric feel to it.

Will you be touring extensively for said release?
Tiffany: We are hoping to. We started contacting promoters and are now trying to get shows.
Syd: We'd like to travel with this project too so we're looking for places to play outside of the UK.

Got any other projects we should know about?
Tiffany: We have a band named Fvnerals where I sing/play synth and Syd plays guitar.
Syd: We run a small label named Eerie Echoes. We use it for our releases and share bands we like with our online distro.

What movie would work best on mute while listening to you music?

Tiffany: The only movie I watched recently was Con Air and it doesn't fit at all.
Syd: I guess Gus Van Sant's 'Last Days' or Inarritu's '21 Grams' would work, or something like 'The Road' or 'Apocalyspe Now'.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
Tiffany: 'If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Dreams' by The Mammas and the Papas. It's an album I've been listening to for years and I still haven't got bored of it. Listening to it always makes me want to sing and dance around.
Syd: Beach House's 'Devotion', it's not my favorite album ever, but it's one I never got tired of.

Are you living your dream?
Tiffany: Yes and no. I would not say I’m not living my dream to the fullest yet. There’s a lot I’d like to do, and it’s more of a matter giving each dream time to grow, doing a bit of everything in the meantime.
Syd: I readjusted my dream so much that I'm not sure what it was before or if it even existed. So I guess not but I'm working towards a part of it.

Thanx Syd & Tiffany!

Myyths recently released [what is sure to be] one of the best releases of 2014, check it...

No comments:

Post a Comment