Monday, February 25, 2013

EIC's 10Q's w/ Alley Catss

"..Brain-Melting Electronic Witch Mystery House.."


Alley Catss
Enigmatic Impending Youth

Alley Catss Bio:
Máté Janky is a precocious producer from Hungary whose first encounter with music-making involved a Casio synth and happened at the decidedly tender age of five. Driven by a seemingly paradoxical nihilist predilection, he divides his time between his three music projects and a label. Alley Catss is his most prominent nom de plume, which stands for an amalgam of distorted synths, beat-driven compositions and backyard atmospherics.


Hello, how are you?
I'm ok, thanks

What are you currently listening to?
'Beta Tape Warp' by Void

What's with the band name?
It came from the game called 'Alley Cat'.

When did this project come about and whom were your biggest influences for said project? 
I gave birth to Alley Catss when I was playing the game 'Alley Cat". No other game fascinated me that much like it did. It''s been my favorite game since then. Influences?... Crystal Castles and cutie Witch House bands have made a big impression on me. I was surprised how I got into their world and started making music/taking part in the movement.

Care to tell us a little bit about your latest LP '(II)'?
'(II)' is my firstly produced album, I only recorded before it except some tracks (where I used samples and primitive softwares). I wanted it to be a massive album, crossing many genres, containing many elements. Anyways it sounds really different than my previous works. More tunes, less noise and drone. There is a collaboration on the album I made with one of my best friends Elijaah. By the way, I think I made it kinda too clear, y'know. Recently I'm into more noisy stuff.

Any plans to tour for said release?
Since I'm a bedroom-based producer and a young dude (14) I don't think I will play so much live... but I don't really mind, I like it this way (on the internet). I mean... it's like a connection between worlds I live in. My local world, family, school, stuff like this... and the canaan of emerging musicians.

Got any other projects we should know about?
Yeah, I make plenty of other stuff.. Here are some of my other projects; Ivvvv, In-which I focus on noises/soundscapes sprinkled with some Witchy/Dark atmospheres. I record the debauchery of my voice under the name Xkwx. And I also make some visual art too, under the name Vviolent Force.

What movie would work best on mute while listening to you music? 
 Let me think... I guess Lilya 4-Ever would work the best. I actually cut some clips from it and made a video for my track "I See You"..

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
It would probably be 'Geogaddi' by Boards Of Canada.. Yeah, I think it would be that for sure.

Are you living your dream?
No, not really. I separate dreams and real life; by the way I prefer the first one. I like dreaming much more than real life.

Thanx Deervhj!

Alley Catss is about to release a really amazing EP titled 'RTC', look for that soon (it's awesome)...

No comments:

Post a Comment