Monday, August 20, 2012

EIC's 10Q's w/ Die Jungen

"..Golden Era of Wall Of Noise Pop meets Surf Rock.."


Die Jungen
Timeworn Spindrifter

Die Jungen Bio:
“Stuck somewhere in the past, Die Jungen plays nightly as the radio stations come to a close. One last record, one last good bye before the night ends.” (unholyrhythms) <--The only Bio I could find.. Die Jungen is a solo side project of Klaus Von Barrel of The KVB. Check out his work HERE.


Hello, how are you?
I am very well, thank you.

What are you currently listening to?
Lots and lots of stuff. However, the last couple of days I've been listening to Death In June's 'Operation Hummingbird' mini LP and to a band called The Vivids from L.A.

Care to shed some light on the band name?
Its German and means 'The Young' in English - I decided the call this project it, as I had been to Berlin shortly before recording the first tracks and then I needed a name quickly; 'Die Jungen' just came to me, so I went with it.

LOVE your debut LP, care to tell us a little bit about it; theme, recording process, likes/dislikes, etc.?
Thanks. The 12 tracks were recorded at different stages throughout 2011, the first tracks were recorded in February and the last by September and various points in between - the recording process for the tracks was pretty simple though. Once I found the loops I wanted to use, I manipulated the speed/pitch etc. and began trying to add different parts. I think there are lots of themes in the album; love, loss, hope, nostalgia, drugs, friendship, life!

Will you be touring to support said release ?
I have been playing occasional shows in support of the release - no actual tour yet, but we'll see what happens. I do have some shows lined up for the near future though, so keep an eye out for them!

Did your parents introduce you to the music you pay homage to? Is Phil Spector your hero?
Yeah, it was them who introduced me to lots of artists from that era. I wouldn't say Phil Spector is my 'hero' but I love the music he produced.

What movie would work best on mute while listening to your music?
I'm not sure, I haven't tried watching a full length film to my music. I used a french film called 'Les Mistons' for the music video to the track "I've Been Glad" and I think that worked quite well.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
'Forever Changes' by Love

Are you living your dream?
Hmm my dream's are always changing, so maybe not quite yet!

Thanx Klaus!

Die Jungen recently released the b-sides companion to (the excellent) 'At Breath's End', which you can find HERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment