Monday, August 15, 2011

EIC'S10Q'S w/Big Black Delta

"..top quality/really cosmic synths (both crunchy and smooth) with amazing guitar hooks/bass lines (incredibly catchy), loud banging drums (of the "loud variety") and melts between your headphone vocal melodies (damn impressive). I may be going on a limb here, but I think they sound a lot like Muse meets M83.."





Big Black Delta

Luxury For Your Headphones



Big Black Delta Bio:

Big Black Delta is a solo project of Mellowdrone vocalist/bassist Jonathan Bates. Big Black Delta has teamed up with other artists such as War Widow, Alessandro Cortini, Morgan Kibby, & M83. BBD's debut album "Watch The Skies" is scheduled for a September 2011 release date.





Hello, how are you?

Hi. I'm well and ringing.



What are you currently listening to?

Man Without Country, Roy Orbison, Sonoio, Too Short, Lady, Pantera.... so far today.



When did you begin writing for this project?

June 2010 (about a year ago).



Your debut full length is about to come out, is there any theme/narrative on it?


2 things. Mans evolution out of a friction based existence, and how carnal interaction with a lover/partner can pipeline you into said evolution.



What's your favorite song to perform live and why?


Right now, "Zebrah", because of the BPM. "Capsize" is fun because the key of the song is very comfortable.



Will you be touring soon?

Depends if people want to see Big Black Delta. If enough people ask, we'll come to your town.



If you could collaborate with any artist of your choosing whom would it be with?

A teenage Michael Jackson? Phil Anselmo. Tim Hecker. Meshuggah. I think Joan Jett would be neat.

The cool thing about Big Black Delta, is some of the artists I work with aren't musicians.

My friend Caspar who is a visual artist (director, designer, etc...) and I cross pollinate ideas all the time.



Who was the last band that blew you away?


The Kinks. I mean come fucking on. Another dude is Danger. Love everything that guy does.



You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?

I would pass. I have A LOT of music in my head, and would rather listen to that then to have to choose to listen to the same 12 songs for the rest of my life.



Are you living your dream?

What an excellent question. I would usually give some kind of funny answer to this, but I honestly don't know. If I could cancel gravity whenever I wanted, I would say fuck yeah.



Thanx Jonathan!



Big Black Delta will be releasing their debut LP by the end of September, until then make sure to soak in all the FREE goodies they have HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment