Monday, April 18, 2011

EIC'S10Q'S w/Ceremony

"..there may be a tracks out there that battle the decibel levels of APTBS, but overall, in my opinion, these guys sound cleaner and a little more "radio friendly". Think New Order gone Shoegaze.."


Ceremony
Resonant Wave Gaze

Ceremony Bio:
Before A Place To Bury Strangers, there was Skywave, a three piece noise pop band from Fredericksburg, Virgina. When Ollie left to move to NYC, Paul and John remained and reorganized as Ceremony. While there will be undeniable comparisons made to APTBS (they still remain friends and share an affinity for loud guitars), Ceremony employ a song craft far more focused on making catchy pop tunes than blowing out speakers and eardrums.



Hello, how are you?
(they left this one blank, will assume they're doing fine;)

What are you currently listening to?

John: I keep on listening to this song I just recorded. I haven't been into anything lately, I need to hear something new. This happens to me every so often.
Paul: I've been liking Best Coast, Wild Nothing, Pink Shiny Ultrablast lately, and I'm really excited to finally hear The Lost Rivers live! I think it's gonna be awesome!

You should listen to Ceremony when you want to ___(fill in blank)___?

John: Be by yourself and drive.
Paul: Feel good about feeling bad. Or vice-versa.

Can you tell us a little bit about your latest EP "Not Tonight"?
John: It's a 4-song EP, Paul did the first two songs, I did the second two. I'm really excited and I really love this EP.

What's your favorite Ceremony track so far?
John: "Don't Leave Me Behind". I love it when we play live.
Paul: "Clouds", just for personal reasons.

I gotta ask, has the idea of a Ceremony/APTBS tour ever come up?
John: Whenever I see Ollie we always talk about it, but it never seems to be in the management's best interest.
Paul: We'd be very into doing a tour with them, but we just haven't gotten together and worked out the details. I think both our bands would like to do it.

Who is your current favorite Shoegazer?
John: Jake Reid and Oliver Ackermann, but I think they're rock and roll, but some people would like to put them in that category.
Paul: Me in my Adidas. They're old and worn out.

Got any "strange" tour stories?
John: Paul went crazy with heat exhaustion and started screaming at cars "Everyone love summertime!" on the New Jersey Turnpike. 100+ temperature, my Volvo station wagon doesn't have AC.
Paul: I wish I had a normal tour story. It's always weird.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
John: "Barbed Wire Kisses" by The Jesus and Mary Chain.
Paul: Is the end near? Do you know something we don't? I think the "You Made Me Realise" EP by My Bloody Valentine.

Are you living your dream?
John: Not yet.
Paul: I don't want to be a rock star so I think I'm doing just fine.

Thanx Paul!

Ceremony are about to embark on a European tour, make sure to check them out if you're in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment