Monday, February 14, 2011

REVIEW: Banjo Or Freakout - Banjo Or Freakout

7.25 out of 10

It's been a little over 2 years since the debut Banjo Or Freakout EP came out. Since then a couple singles, another EP, & X-mas albums have come out. Now, the self-titled debut LP which is almost what I've been anticipating...

On Banjo Or Freakout's debut full length Alessio Andalusia gives Garage Rock an appealing edge by adding layers upon layers of liquid-esque atmospheres and estranged electronic compositions. I don't know if it's necessarily safe to classify this album as Shoegaze, but that is what it most closely resembles. The synths on this album are pretty good/thick & lush, I definitely appreciate that. The guitar sounds are good as well, some nice dreamy textures. The vocals are soothing/work well with the album's atmosphere. Really all of the sounds presented with in are enjoyable. I just can't seem to find that "alluring melody" that hooks me in. This one may have to grow on me..

I ♥ Banjo Or Freakout, I do. I am continuously impressed with his releases. I'm not really let down by this album either, it's just a little different than what I was hoping for. Still though, this artist should have a pretty promising future ahead of himself.

Standout Tracks: Go Ahead, Can't Be Mad For Nothing (idk..this song kind of reminds me of something Bradford Cox might write..I'd like to hear him cover it, either way LOVE THIS SONG.), From Everyone Above, Dear Me, I Don't Want To Start All Over Again (good ender)

No comments:

Post a Comment