Monday, December 2, 2013

REVIEW: Black Hearted Brother - Stars Are Our Home

7.25 out of 10
Find it here. 

If you tell me somebody (anybody really) from Slowdive has a new project I will look into it with eager ears. If you tell me that same thing and then tell me somebody from Seefeel is also involved I may need a new pair of pants. Black Hearted Brother is "my ticket towards new trousers".

Black Hearted Brother is a new sonic experimentation from three friends; Neil Halstead (Slowdive/Mojave 3), Mark Van Hoen (Seefeel/Mark Van Hoen), & Nick Holton (of Holton's Opulent Oog). From what I understand there was no clear direction of style /genre when starting this project, merely more of a jam session that would hopefully evolve into some form of a full length LP. I'd say the three amigos pulled it off quite sufficiently. 'Stars Are Our Home' is an [Experimental] Post Rock meets Shoegaze jam session wrapped with elements of Indie [Space] Pop-tronica. From upbeat jams to spaced-out euphoria and everything in between, there are more than enough layers here to keep any audiophile warm this winter.

Notably-"If the above names don't peak your interest I'm not sure I can agree with your lifestyle."-Recommended.

Standout Tracks: (I Don't Mean To) Wonder, Got Your Love, If I Was Here To Change Your Mind (n lp), Time In The Machine, I'm Back

No comments:

Post a Comment