Tuesday, September 7, 2010

REVIEW: Arp - The Soft Wave

9 out of 10

Arp's second full length "The Soft Wave" has been on constant replay during my late night excursions surfing the net, playing video games, or maybe watching a movie (or two) on mute. The right mindset makes this album nigh flawless. The easiest way to describe the "sound"; Brian Eno's "Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks Pt. 2". If you know that album you may have just wet yourself. (Sorry, I should've warned ya..)

"The Soft Wave" is just that. A gentle flowing stream of droney/modular/cosmic synths bending, morphing and turning in between simple bass lines/drum loops. Imagine the kind of sounds you might hear in an outer space score done by John Carpenter. (you got it) This music is very easy to take in. Ambient Space Pop is never a bad thing though if you ask me. Mr. Georgopoulos you have nailed it. Bravo.. "The Soft Wave" is THE best kind of drug you can place between your ears. Beam me up Alexis, I'm ready for my flight.

I think you need this. (go on, you deserve it) HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHLY recommENDed.

Standout Tracks: ALL, E-SPE-CIAL-LY From A Balcony Overlooking The Sea (which maybe my favorite song of the year)

No comments:

Post a Comment