Thursday, December 4, 2008

Worst Band Names Ever...YOU IDIOTS.

Yahoo recently posted an article about the "Worst Band Names Ever". Somehow Slowdive made it onto this list. How is "Slowdive" a bad band name?? It completely sums up the entire aura of the band. Slow because, well, its slower music. No real hidden meaning there. Dive because they have a nigh underwater ambience to them. Almost as if you're floating in bliss. Which you will be when you listen to them:) The bassist, Nick Chaplin, pulled the name from a dream he had. He didn't just pull some random name out of a hat, like I'm sure a lot of bands do. This makes me so mad to see them on this list. Hopefully I'm not alone in this thought. At least they have reasoning and meaning behind their name. Here are some band names I dislike; Metallica. Ok I get it, they write metal music, but I never was a fan of adding the letters "I-C-A" at the end of words, it's lame and uninventive. A-ha, fun band, baaaad name. I would like to believe those guys were completely drunk or sniffing a lot of cocaine when they agreed on this name. They would have to be right?? Pink Floyd, yeah, I know. I love 'em too, and I know how they chose their name, but its completely irrelevant to their music. I could go on and on with this list, but I will stop there cuz I'm feeling lame and uninventive. What are some bad band names you can think of?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite 'worst band name ever' for a metal band that never was but shoulda been just so we can make fun of it...

    WINDOWPAIN

    Everytime I say it, my fingers start to curl into a skull grab.

    ReplyDelete