Monday, October 4, 2010

REVIEW: Violens - Amoral

7.5 out of 10
Find it here.

What seems like at least a decade a go I worked at a record store. (Remember those?) One day while "working" I stumbled across a band called Lansing-Dreiden (I liked they're album artwork). Being that I worked at a record store I took as many chances as possible with random music. Once I picked it up wellll.., I still haven't quite put it down. It was (and is) exactly what I needed at the moment. Imagine a cross between 80's Pop/Synth Pop, Dream Pop, Shoegaze, "Oldies-vibe-esque" (it's a word, trust me) music, and Metal (yes, Metal). Fast forward to now and you get L-D's "sister project" Violens. "Amoral", the band's debut release, continues on with "similar" L-D attributes only with a slightly stronger focus on the "Pop". If you're already a fan of Lansing-Dreiden, "Amoral" is a no-brainer for you. You must own this album. For those of you still unaware of L-D, take a moment and get yourself acquainted (..I'll wait..). Now that you're back and wanting to shake my hand for showing you the aweseome-ness that is you can somewhat know what to expect from Violens.

I'm gonna keep this one somewhat short.. "Amoral" presents some of the best/most solid production values you will hear on any "Rock" album this year. I think you should just trust me when I say buy this now. (your loss if you don't)

Imagine driving a White Ferrari that travels through time and alternate dimensions.. (great visual isn't it) "Amoral" will be your co-pilot. Somewhere between Oasis, My Bloody Valentine, The Big Pink, Duran Duran and The Byrds lays Violens. RECOMMENDED.

Standout Tracks: Full Collision, Until It's Unlit, Violent Sensation Descends (LOVE this track), Trance-Like Tum (sounds like a good "Prom song"), Generational Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment