Thursday, June 30, 2011

EIC'S10Q'S w/Jesse Ruins

"..gorgeous sweeping synths floating above and forming glorious melancholy/somewhat danceable landscapes mixed with tons of "airy" attributes and thick Electro accents.."


Jesse Ruins
Vivid Glow Gaze

Jesse Ruins Bio:
Jesse Ruins is a solo project by a girlguy (sorry multiple "non-fact checking" sites stated that he was a "she") from Tokyo, Japan, his real name is
Nobuyuki Sakuma. He produces Shoegaze/Dreamy-Electronic Pop over the internet but remains (obviously:) anonymous.


Hello, how are you?
Very good, thanks!

What are you currently listening to?
I often check some overseas music blogs, then download digital data from them. I basically love vinyl, though. I normally listen to vinyl, like Umberto, ARP, John Maus, CVLTS, and Harald Grosskopf, especially at the moment.

Is there a story behind the name?
I was looking for something that has two opposite sides, something has both light and dark if you like.

Is there a tentative title/theme/release date for your debut full length?
I haven't got any plans yet for the full length album, but I keep making tracks, so I'm thinking of releasing it hopefully someday soon.

Who will be releasing it?
It's not yet determined. As for in Japan, Cuz Me Pain supports me, but I haven't got any particular labels outside Japan. If there is somewhere that is right for me, I'd like to sign to.

Will you be touring the US for it?
I'd love to. If there is the tour, please come and see me.

What's the best concert you've ever been to?
Most of the time artists whom I want to see their gig won't come to Japan. My friends AAPS, Faron Square, and Hotel Mexico always do a nice performance, though.


If you could collaborate with any artist of your choosing whom would it be with?

I haven't met them in person, but I would go with Laurel Halo or Maria Minerva.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
So many. But I would say "Fulfilled: Complete" by Broken Spindles.

Are you living your dream?
Yes. It always has a risk and not fair sometimes, but I am, and I rather want to.

Thanx Jesse!

Jesse Ruins is currently working on putting together his debut LP, look for that sometime soon (hopefully, please?)

No comments:

Post a Comment